CALL for ENTRIES: Changes Abound!
Can you believe we have arrived at our three year anniversary here at AAAD? This is post 812. What has changed in three years? I receive A LOT of email. I love the foodie email, updates on careers, and recipes, recipes, recipes.
Most of the galleries and artists that contact me are looking for exposure. They aren’t asking for reviews, recommendations or glowing critiques. Most are confident in their abilities to prove themselves and simply need a little help getting their gallery opportunities or their personal artwork out there. I applaud your motivation.
As usual, every year I glance back at the sites older pages and make a few updates to the visual style and ridiculous wordiness of my writing style. I made a few changes today, and most of them are in response to your requests for additional opportunities for exposure. There are lots of opportunities for Exposure on AAAD. Take a look…
- Submit your Call – With 1000+ daily readers, you’ll receive a wide diversity of entries. Guidelines for submissions have been updated.
- Featured Artist Submissions – Enter the $5 Art Contest for a post featuring your work, an interview and links back to your website. Yes, this went from $2 to $5. Still cheap.
- Sponsors – You can now advertise your art-related business on AAAD. This isn’t Google Ads, folks. Art-related business only. I reserve the right to say “no” if it isn’t the right fit for the site. Visit the new Be a Sponsor page for more information.
- Food Sponsors – Want me to try a new food? Click here.
- Individual Artists – I am still figuring out the best way to offer an unjuried and inexpensive way for artists to share a page that links back to each website without just making it a long alphabetical list. Boring. Give me a little while, and I’ll get back to you.
So thank you for three great years. I have got the 3-year itch…so hang on folks. AAAD will be undergoing a few experimental changes over the next few weeks. As always, I welcome your feedback.